Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday's Match

Ok, so today I was a little better but not much. Really sore and about the only thing that helped was the hot shower. My sweet hubby had stayed up till 10pm last night making me ammo just in case I shot today (Isn't that sweet!) But my second shot in it jammed! Looks like the new ammo is in need of a little fine tuning. So my friend let me use his ammo. I ended up having a few problems, like not slamming the mag in hard enough and just silly things, I was very tired and not all there. I guess I did ok on the first round but the second really sucked, most of the shooters were having problems, but I still think I did the worst. 13 steel targets to knock over, I managed to use 4 8round mags and still run out and wasn't able to get the last one. One note, my friends ammo is a lot hotter then what I load, so it's a little harder for me (but thats no excuse for pore shooting!) But round three I guess I was getting into it (to bad it was the last round) Shot the 2 steels and 8 shots in four paper targets, all A shots in the chest, even around a couple of hostages! So not as great as I would have liked but I have to give myself credit after my fall, just that I could make myself get up early and go to the range. In the end though I'm glad I did.
As for my VERY FIRST match 2 weeks ago, I got the scores in, lets see I came in 15th out of 16. Not what I was thinking was going to happen, I really thought I did better then that, but again it was my very first match ever (also the very first time to ever shoot my rock!) So lets see for any one this might mean something too my score was 69.70 and 30.56% (Whatever that means) Now the next person on the score sheet had 71.29 with 31.26% so I wasn't far from 14th place. But a lot of the guys shooting in this are pros with scores of 223.99! So I don't feel so bad. I have a lot of fun though. I will be very happy when I get my new ammo working right. Oh and the new puppy had a lot of fun out at the range too! It looks like he is closer to 3 or 4 months old.
Have a bangtastic day
Mama A

No comments:

Post a Comment